homepage Forums Chicago Marathon Forum How is everyone doing?

• Luke Humphrey

Administrator
    September 27, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Right now I’d make sure I am watching the taper and strategy videos in the courses!

• Mike Ethington

September 27, 2022 at 1:27 pm

Doing well, feeling good. Weather starting to cool off which I like. Two more SOS workouts this week, then the taper begins. I’ll make sure to watch the taper videos.

• Luke Humphrey

Administrator
      September 28, 2022 at 11:36 am

Weather is definitely turning. Been pretty solid lately

• Alexander Edel

September 27, 2022 at 4:27 pm

Tired…hanging on. It has been a tough training cycle and can’t wait to be done. Achilles is sore…heat here in Florida has been tough. Long story short, looking forward to running the marathon and having some down time to recover before Boston training.

• Luke Humphrey

Administrator
      September 28, 2022 at 11:36 am

Well, you can’t get anymore fit, so focus on recovering and just stay in routine. Never know what will happen!

• Jill May

September 28, 2022 at 7:09 pm

Feeling good and getting excited. Focusing on getting more sleep during the taper. Ready to start packing 😁

• Shannan Mackey

September 29, 2022 at 7:26 pm

Nervous, excited and ready to do this. It’s been a rough training cycle and even if I don’t PR, I’m going to be proud of myself for finishing the 8week base building plan and straight into marathon training.

• jinny hertweck

October 1, 2022 at 6:03 am

This summer was tough with heat and humidity in PA! Looks like it will be perfect race day. I feel this training plan has me very prepared and can’t wait to see the results!

• Sandy Tritt

October 2, 2022 at 12:48 pm

I live in PA too 😊 So excited about how the race day forecast is looking 😍

• Sandy Tritt

October 2, 2022 at 7:15 am

Had a hiccup in my health with a bad skin infection and then a cold hitting me all at once as if on cue after my last long run last Sunday. Lol But so grateful I am in taper so I have not had to push my body hard this week. I skipped Tuesday’s last speed workout. I got 9-hour nights off sleep this whole week 😱 which was wonderful.

I’m feeling nearly back to 100% now. Otherwise training has gone phenomenally and race day weather is looking amazing, and I am feel so strong and ready to race this thing!! So much excitement. 🙂