In this new second edition, the Hansons program welcomes newer runners with a new Just Finish program featuring a simple schedule of easier running and lower mileage. The Just Finish program sets up first-time marathoners for an enjoyable marathon and a lifetime of strong, healthy running.
Hansons Marathon Method will prepare you for your best marathon:
- Sensible weekly mileage based on science, not outdated traditions
- Effective Hansons speed, strength, and tempo workouts paced to achieve your goal
- Crucial nutrition and hydration guidelines to run strong for the whole race
- A smart and simple Just Finish program for new runners and marathon first-timers
- Detailed training schedules for experienced and advanced marathoners
This revised second edition answers frequently asked questions, shows how to integrate flexibility and strength work into your training week, and shares the most effective recovery methods. Using the Hansons’ innovative approach, you will mold real marathon muscles, train your body to avoid the wall, and finish strong.
Hansons Marathon Method lays out the smartest marathon training program available from one of the most accomplished running groups in the world. Using their innovative approach, runners will mold real marathon muscles, train their body to never hit the wall, and prepare to run their fastest marathon.
“You might expect a training program devised by the Hanson brothers to be a little different than the usual rehashing of principles and schedules. Given the success of athletes from the Hansons-Brooks Distance Project, you wouldn’t be surprised if it was effective, too.” — Runner’s World