With the right training, anyone can finish a marathon!
Hansons First Marathon, from one of America’s most successful marathon training groups, offers a smart, friendly guide to preparing for your first marathon. With their proven method, the coaches of the Hansons-Brooks Distance Project will show you how to break down the 26.2 miles into achievable daily workouts. By race day, you’ll feel strong and confident of a race experience you’ll be proud of.
The Hansons-Brooks Distance Project has an amazing track record of turning normal runners into marathoners through their acclaimed Hansons Marathon Method. Now they have made the marathon not just something to check off your bucket list, but also an enjoyable, inspiring, and life-changing experience.
Hansons First Marathon is for anyone who has decided to step up to the marathon. Whether you’re a totally new runner who has never run a race, a recreational runner who enjoys occasional races, or even a competitive runners who is ready to go all the way―you’ll find the right marathon training schedule for you in Hansons First Marathon. Author and coach Luke Humphrey starts you off on the right foot with a simple survey about your running experience, race goals, and your natural strengths and weaknesses. Then he guides you to the right plan to prepare you for the miles ahead.
Hansons First Marathon covers everything you need to know:
· Finding your foot type and a good shoe for marathon training
· The types of workouts and how (and why) to do them
· Choosing your race wisely
· Training around travel, illness, and navigating injuries
· How to stretch and strength train for marathon
· Ways to recover from daily runs and after your race
· Science-based nutrition and hydration guidelines for workouts and race day
· What to do differently during the crucial final 6 weeks before your race
· How to get to the start line feeling confident, stress-free, and ready
· Setting an ideal marathon race strategy that puts you in control
Marathons are an exciting, rewarding challenge for runners of all abilities, but how you get to the start line matters as much as how you finish. Choose Hansons First Marathon to start your marathon adventure and you’ll set yourself up for success.
Preview HFM: HFM_Book-preview
Other places to purchase: